How to Apply
Grant & Strategic Initiatives: Apply
The Foundation has an online application system. All applicants will first be asked to submit a letter of inquiry (please submit the LOI well in advance of the proposal deadline). Within two weeks, you will receive a response from the Foundation.
If you are invited to submit a full proposal, please log in with the same email and password and proceed with the Standard Grant Application. You will be asked to submit:
- a cover letter, which includes an executive summary and the amount and use of funds requested
- a one-sentence program description
- program rationale and purpose
- program goals, anticipated outcomes, and plans for evaluation
- implementation strategy and timetable
- plans for outreach, dissemination, and follow up
- a detailed program budget (including identification of other potential or secured funding sources)
- a brief description of the organization
- a list of the organization’s board of directors
- organizational budget
- the organization’s most recent financial statement
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- any other additional information you feel may be useful to the Foundation.
Most fields require that the information be typed or pasted into text boxes with a certain character limit (most fields allow 4,000 characters, which equals about one and a half typed pages). Other fields give you the option of uploading a document, spreadsheet, or PDF file. Should you experience any technical difficulties or have any questions about the online application procedures, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Jackson Foundation does not fund overhead or indirect costs for colleges and universities.*
Grant and Strategic Initiative Decisions
Proposals are reviewed on a quarterly basis according to this calendar:
|Proposal Due||Notification Given|